Twist of Nature is a family owned and operated furniture, crafts and gift store.
What began in 1996 as a hobby for Saint Paul, MN firefighter, Tim Gross, has since turned into a growing business building beautiful, high quality, handcrafted log furniture at affordable prices. Since building our very first log swing, we have expanded into furnishing your entire home and cabin, including log railings, mantles and raw log materials for the “do-it-yourselfers.
Quality Log Furniture
Quality, customized furniture is our goal and our promise. Every piece of log furniture is handcrafted to bring you a beautiful and unique piece of art.
While conventional furniture often features pristine wood surfaces, graceful lines and delicate legs, we at Twist of Nature create log designs that boast the uniqueness of knots, grain irregularities, powerful log lines and overall character of the log. Our Norway Pine logs are local or trucked in from northern Minnesota. Our workshop is located in Princeton, Minnesota, where each log is hand and water peeled, hand sanded, dried and turned into a custom creation for our customers to use in their homes and cabins. It’s the details that matter, right down to each pick, split or miter.
Rustic vs. Traditional
Our furniture is available in two unique styles, rustic and traditional. This approach allows you the opportunity to find the best fit for your personal taste.
Rustic is a wood that was either a dead standing tree or a log lying on the ground with the bark on for quite some time, allowing for worm tracking and colorful characteristics to be added to the log itself. Traditional is your fresh tree cut and peeled immediately to preserve the natural blonde look. You may choose whichever best fits your decor and personal style.
Hand and water peeling helps preserve the pine’s beautiful grain, rustic knots and unique color variation. We take special care in this process to ensure quality.
Hand and water peeling helps preserve the pine’s beautiful grain, rustic knots and unique color variation. All logs have been dried naturally and may have worm tracking, cracks and checks. This adds to the natural beauty of the wood and also gives each piece its own character. Cracks and checks do not affect the structural integrity of the furniture. All of our furniture is hand sanded as well, and the ends are tenoned to enforce rigid construction. Our furniture is built to last, and we know you will enjoy it for years to come. We look forward to building your furniture and continuing our business relationship with you.
You name it, we can build it! Twist of Nature offers beautiful, expertly-crafted custom furniture based on your individual needs.
- Most pieces available in our store can be made custom-fit to your specifications.
- All orders are completed within 2-6 weeks depending on size of the order. Exceptions can be made whenever possible.
- A 35% deposit is required on all custom orders.
- Due to the natural beauty of pine logs, you can expect variation in character, color, cracks/checks and possible worm tracks.
- You may order your furniture with extra rustic appeal or more of the traditional cleaner log look.
- All furniture comes with a finish of 2 coats sanding sealer and 2-4 coats of lacquer, unless specified.
- Custom furniture is non-returnable. Once a deposit is made and the furniture is in production, the deposit is non-refundable.
- If ordering a custom piece, you must provide a detailed drawing or picture with all measurements. Prices will vary according to measurements provided. Builder will build as close as possible to your specifications and make changes how builder sees fit.
- We provide a one year warranty on manufacturer defects on all furniture. We will either replace or repair the piece at our discretion.
All custom orders can be placed via phone, mail, email, or fax.
Shipping & Returns
We offer free shipping to the lower 48 states. To ship to Alaska or Canada, please call to place your order, there are additional fees to ship to these areas. Our free shipping is curbside delivery, meaning the driver will leave furniture in your driveway, closest curb, or at your door, depending on freight vs Fedex and each individual driver. The drivers are NOT required to help unload freight, or carry furniture into your home. Freight deliveries will have the liftgate service which will lower the pallet of furniture to the ground. There is a handling fee for this service of $75, and automatically added to your total when purchasing furniture requiring the liftgate. Freight delivery is required for bigger items such as dining sets, futons, bunk beds etc. Fedex will deliver kit beds, nightstands, bark shelves, etc. The freight trucking company will call ahead of time to schedule an appointment for freight delivery. It is recommended to have help planned for delivery day to help unload and carry in your items. Delivery services do not include unpacking the furniture, placing of the furniture, assembling the furniture, or removal of packing material. For an additional fee, White Glove Service can be arranged. With this service, the trucking company will send another driver along to help unload and carry furniture into your home.
All returns are subject to approval. Products must be returned in the condition it was received. Return shipping will be the responsibility of the customer. A check will be sent upon receipt of the product, less a 10% restock fee.